*Download a 2021 Membership Application form, click HERE
*Solicitud de Membresía 2021, en Espanol, hace click AQUI
(Note: Your 2021 Membership is good from present date through 12/31/2021
(TIA Membership and you : A partnership for success
Find out how your competition and colleagues benefit from TIA:
- "To be recognized as part of the industry..."
- "Product knowledge and training..."
- "The seminars are valuable..."
- "Find new Customers and leads"
- "The big value is the communication link to manufacturers and suppliers..."
- "Access to other members..."
Several TIA Membership Categories Now Include FREE Passes to Convention or Tech Conference!
An introduction to the Tortilla Industry Association (TIA)
The Tortilla Industry Association (TIA) was created in 1990 to serve the tortilla industry - the fastest growing segment of the baking business.
During this time, TIA has grown from a regional organization to a national and now international one. With headquarters in the nation's capital and members across the U.S. and 21 countries, we are the internationally recognized representative and resource for companies in the tortilla industry.
TIA's mission is:
"To assist member companies and the industry as a whole, in their efficient growth and development, acquisition of the knowledge and contacts, and to promote the many benefits of tortillas and related food products."
Current TIA membership includes a diverse group of tortilla manufacturers, industry suppliers, distributors and companies with interests in the tortilla industry from around the world. TIA offers small and large organizations an affordable opportunity to access comprehensive marketing, research and networking tools, including exposure through our e-mail list and weekly Newsletter reaching over 6,000 industry contacts.
TIA assists tortilla industry companies to grow through effective production, management and marketing techniques. The association also addresses rapidly changing regulations and quality control, distribution issues, and provides members with educational support through conventions and seminars, and market data.
TIA promotes the consumption of this traditional Mexican bread, specifically by raising awareness of alternative uses of tortillas in mainstream American fare.
TIA membership can help your organization stay on the cutting-edge of the growing tortilla industry by:
- Keeping you up-to-date on the latest industry information, market data, technical research and government regulations that affect your company
- Establishing business connections that help you grow your company more successfully
- Providing you with added promotional opportunities through TIA's outreach and online presence
- TIA offers you the ability to expand your reach, your resources and your business success
TIA's member benefit programs are dynamic and selected in response to our members needs and requests, based on services they use and need. The goal is for our Members membership costs to be far outweighed by TIA's contributions to the success of its Members and the reduction of many of their expenses.
- INSURANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
TIA has teamed up with Nationwide® Insurance to help provide our Members
protect their business with Nationwide’s wide range of insurance and
solutions. You’ll benefit from the guidance and support of
a company whose roots originated in the food production world and has been
strong and stable for more than 90 years.
As a leading
commercial agribusiness insurer, Nationwide understands the
unique product and
service needs of food processing and food manufacturing
Nationwide, you will have access to FSMA professionals,
commercial insurance solutions, and risk management guidance tailored to
Learn How to Protect Your Food Manufacturing Operation by Clicking HERE
Or contact Nationwide today at:
- FREIGHT, We have formed partnerships with leading national carriers for freight that passes savings on to you. You will receive a substantial discount on all inbound, outbound, or 3rd Party billed shipments where your company pays the freight charges. There are no minimum requirements. In addition, fuel surcharges are lower than most freight companies resulting in even greater savings.
- Equipment Leasing & Financing, TIA Members can free up their cash while increasing production efficiency with new equipment by leasing instead of buying equipment, and our Leasing Partners have agreed to a combination of reduced fees, lower rates, and easier quicker approvals on leases from $5K to $5M. For more information, contact Southern California Leasing - for details please click here
- Truck & vehicle rental, when a TIA member needs additional trucks for a large order, or to fill in for a vehicle that is undergoing repairs, your TIA Partnership with Dollar, Budget and Enterprise Truck & Car Rental will provide significant savings on all trucks from minivans to 25' cargo trucks. Discounts also apply to car rental for business or vacation travel too.
- Save on Corrugated Boxes, we understand that the cost of corrugated boxes is one of the important costs of running your operation. So TIA has partnered with Temple Inland, one of the country's leading providers of corrugated boxes (please see article in a previous issue of TIA Newsletter) . How much can they save you? It depends on a lot of factors, just like with insurance quotes so please call them at (804) 862-8209
- Advertising in TIA directory/buyers guide
- Link and exposure from our website
- Reduced costs for attending or exhibiting at TIA conventions and seminars
- Reduced costs when attending AIB conferences and seminars
- Research and marketing information
- Eligibility for $1,000 TIA Scholarships to help Members with educational expenses for Children of Employees
- The TIA web site and weekly Newsletter can help you get exposure to:
- Food Service Contacts
- Retail Buyers/Distribution Channels
- Association Members
- Trade and General Media
- Consumer organizations
- Networking and Contacts, all TIA members gain substantially via networking opportunities at TIA events, trade shows and conferences plus referrals available through TIA's "Opportunity Alert" e-mail communications service.
- Web Site/Promoting Tortillas, TIA's website is visited thousands of times per day by individuals and companies interested in tortillas and in the industry. And as a member, you can become a part of this site by directing TIA to hyperlink its visitors to your own website.
- The website serves as a clearinghouse of information for those interested in learning more about TIA, its members, their services and the replica products they offer. High quality .This information is especially useful for suppliers, restaurant chains and food service institutions.
- Members Assistance
- TIA offers an "Ask The Experts" service to its Members, as well at select TIA events, to help solve technical or business challenges.
- TIA has an alliance with American Institute of Baking to provide hands-on training for tortilla production managers and line personnel.
- TIA's "Opportunity Alerts" let you know about major buyers offering opportunities you can bid on
Beside helping Members become more successful, increasing consumption of tortillas is part of TIA's mission. Public awareness of the value and benefits of tortilla consumption is one of the most cost-effective tools we use to get our message to the masses.
TIA's leaders are frequently interviewed by national and international media such as CNN, Fox News, BBC News, Voice of America, and many regional and local news outlets to generate well-placed stories, segments and mentions in consumer and business print and electronic media. TIA's efforts to promote product consumption results in millions of media impressions throughout the U.S. every year.